• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI concealed weapon application tracker

Vandil

Forms submitted: 11/1/2011
Mailed from: Sun Prairie, WI
Proof of Training: UT HS
Check cashed: Money Order
License received:11-8-11

My wife called me at work today to tell me there was an envelope from the DOJ. Then she read me a denial letter. :cuss:

After I exclaim "What in the $%^K!" she says "kidding I looked up the denial letter on the internet" :p

Permit #933 may not be able to carry tonight wife deserves a spanking.

Last edited:

FLR&@

Just an F.Y.I. I have 5 students with their Wisconsin permits 3 drove to Madison on the 1st and 2 mailed them in. They all used the “Training Certificate” I gave them. I do not know how they paid.

The permits are white and very plain looking, not exciting at all.

Also if you did not print your name exactly as it appears on your D.L. and proof of training you may/ will get a three day hold. Just so you know.

icepik

Is training provided by self to others also good enough for your own?

We shall find out.

Training materials are provided by the DOJ and training can be provided by a private organization.

Submitting application and certificate of completion for training provided by my company for myself.

We'll see if this goes through.

Guess it's a $50.00 chance.

msteinhilber

We shall find out.

Training materials are provided by the DOJ and training can be provided by a private organization.

Submitting application and certificate of completion for training provided by my company for myself.

Pretty sure if you are denied for incomplete application or because they deem the training requirements not met, that your payment will be returned. The way it's worded on the application is "Any accepted application where the applicant is found to be ineligible for a concealed weapon license will be denied and the payment will not be returned". The way I interpret that is they verify the training requirements and that the application is properly completed prior to running the background check (and if the former were not met they would simply return your application/payment).

jeff niles

returns

My dad for got the affidavit for Utah they said they will return it and money order so he can fill it out and send it back.It will take a long time now i bet.

rj2

Forms submitted: 11/9/2011 by mail
Mailed from: Milwaukee, WI
Proof of Training: copy of WI hunters education certificate (temp cert i got when i passed the test, not the actual card, anyone else use that?) & also MD online training
Payment method: Personal Check
Check cashed:
License received:

Shorin21

Forms submitted: 11/1/2011 by mail
Mailed from: Mukwonago, WI
Proof of Training: copy of WI hunters education certificate & ATF explosives license
Payment method: Personal Check
Check cashed: 11/8/11
License received:

E6chevron

We shall find out.

The Emergency Administrative Rules Do not like Learner-led training:

Jus 17.01 (9) “Instructor-led” means training that is conducted face-to-face in which instructors actively guide students through each lesson, answer questions, facilitate discussion, and provide feedback on activities and/or assignments. Learner-led or self-directed learning—the delivery of learning experiences to independent learners who lead and manage their own experience, delivered via web pages, multimedia presentations, computer applications, online presentations, or similar methods—is not instructor-led.

oak1971

Mailed: before noon on 11/1/11
Proof of training: Hunters Safety....with NRA Pistol and Utah class held in reserve just in case.
Money order cashed: lost receipt so can't track it.
Received: Not as of today's mail 11/9/11

Last edited:

FarmerGreg

Forms submitted: 11/01/11 by mail at noon.
Mailed from: Janesville, Wi.
Proof of training: copy of Wi hunters safety certificate.
Payment method: personal check.
Check cashed: 11/08/11.
License received:11/10/2011. :)

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Good advice was given recently, perhaps here; that we minimize the number of others that know that we are armed with a concealed weapon.

Who will be believed when a blue-hair wearing blaze-orange accuses a legally armed citizen carrying concealed of assault? The investigator will request CWP/ID and the LAC will be guilty regardless.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Maybe we should post something like this, if we've run out of tinfoil.
Forms submitted: Maybe, or maybe not
Mailed from: A mail box, maybe
Proof of Training: Wouldn’t you like to know
License issued: Maybe, or maybe not
Check cashed: Maybe, or maybe not
License received: Maybe, or maybe not
License Number: It might be 1
:question::question::question: or it might not

xenophon

Forms submitted: 11/1/2011 - 10:30AM
Mailed from: Milwaukee, WI
Proof of Training: PA permit