• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI concealed weapon application tracker

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Yes, I have read the law, and it only mentions 45 days (and 21 days).

have you actually read the law? They have 45 days.

Part of a series of communications with a legislator: "Thanks for the response.

My concern is for his half-measures. How many applications have been received and what is the average completion rate of an individual staffer and of them collectively? The AG knows full well that he may not comply with Act 35, but it is of no matter without an effective threat.

Thank you for making it personal, but I carry openly, recognizing the only real benefit of a Wisconsin CWL is relief from the anxiety of inadvertent concealment. Its significant downside is abridgement of my Fourth and Fifth Amendment Rights, being required to produce my papers on mere demand of an enforcer.

Act 35's real benefit will be as litigators' economic stimulus in years to come."

There are no teeth in Act 35 Section 38. We will be stamping our feet like anile fools for having been sold down the river. Follow the money.

My application was post on 1 Nov and signed for at 0816 3 Nov. It contained the application, DD-214 and a personal check (that has not cleared at close of business 9 Nov).

Last edited:

svelectric

well the doj has stolen my 50 bucks....it was cashed 3 days ago and still nothing in the mail....postmaster said it should take one day to get to my house from Madison...where is it?????http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

I would be excited if my check were cashed, it means they have my app and aren't sending it back, most likely getting processed.

I have yet to see anything, so I'll trade places with you.

JJC

Sent application in on the 1st.

Post Marked on the 8th.

Recieved it today.

Numbered less than 3K.

Check has not been cashed.

Yippiee, no more dancing around those school zones.

JJC

Last edited:

E6chevron

Part of a series of communications with a legislator: "Thanks for the response.

My concern is for his half-measures. How many applications have been received and what is the average completion rate of an individual staffer and of them collectively? The AG knows full well that he may not comply with Act 35, but it is of no matter without an effective threat.

Thank you for making it personal, but I carry openly, recognizing the only real benefit of a Wisconsin CWL is relief from the anxiety of inadvertent concealment. Its significant downside is abridgement of my Fourth and Fifth Amendment Rights, being required to produce my papers on mere demand of an enforcer.

Act 35's real benefit will be as litigators' economic stimulus in years to come."

There are no teeth in Act 35 Section 38. We will be stamping our feet like anile fools for having been sold down the river. Follow the money.

My application was post on 1 Nov and signed for at 0816 3 Nov. It contained the application, DD-214 and a personal check (that has not cleared at close of business 9 Nov).

Even, if I did not have my CWL, which I do, I would not be stamping my feet like an anile(sp) fool.

The Attorney General asked for 1 year to implement this as he wanted. The legislature gave the DOJ less than 4 months after signing, for the law to be effective. This is a very short time table. The Attorney General is compling with the act, there are no specific sanctions for not meeting the 45 day turnaround deadline. I am sure if you did not comply with a law which had no sanctions, you would not volunteer for sanctions.

You seem to want to complain about the A.G. violating a law that hasn't yet been violated. Isn't that unconstitutional? I guess if your curiosity about the process is strong enough, you could do a FOIA filing for the processing statistics, but the release of statistics is spelled out in the Act itself.

filhar1

Turned in 6:30AM into po box 7130 at Main P O, dd214 with personal check. Check cashed today and permit #243x received in todays mail. Fantastic to get it for Veterans day.

Last edited:

Deathss

yes and i understand that however my check was cashed....and if i remember correctly you were antsy to when yours hadnt came yet...i just want it thats all.....
My check was also cashed on the 7th, and the mail has been empty. There is no rhyme or reason to when they are coming. I had mine in the mail Nov.1st (A.M.) too. :confused:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
looked in the mail box today NO PERMIT :( My check has not been cashed yet either. getting pizzed off ! I mailed it on Nov 1st 3am at the post office......

38 people processing permits
if each processed 25 a day that adds up to 950 permits processed daily..... WTF are these slow azzes doing everyday ????? i will tell ya what they are doing..they are seriously FKing the dog !

Last edited:

mearlus

Mailed from: Madison, WI
Proof of Training: copy of WI hunters education card
Payment method: Personal Check
Check cashed: 11/8/2011
License received: 11/9/2011

24xx

Cory

License Arrived Today!!

Date Mailed in: 11/1/11, around 1:00 p.m.

Location: Mailed from Deforest Post Office (Just north of Madison)

Payment Used: Money Order

Issued: 11/8/11

Received: 11/10/11

License #: 3057