• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI concealed weapon application tracker

safcrkr

Date Mailed in: 11/1/11, around 1:00 p.m.

Location: Mailed from Deforest Post Office (Just north of Madison)

Payment Used: Money Order

Issued: 11/8/11

Received: 11/10/11

License #: 3057

A guy over on arfcom has his, in the 1580s, issued on the 7th. My buddy got his today, low 2200s, also issued on the 7th. 3057 was issued on the 8th? They went from (at least) 1580 to 2200 on the 7th, to 3057 on the 8th? Minimum of 750 in one day, maybe more depending on how early on the 8th they did 3057. I know they did at least 700 on the 7th... the issued numbers we know of show that much. 3057-1580=1477. If 1580 was the 1st one processed on the 7th, and 3057 was the last one issued on the 8th (IOW, 2 whole days of issuing) that's still more than 700 per day. They've picked up the pace quite a bit from the 282 daily average of last week. :)

edit: the above figures are for "approved" applications. Does not include rejections/denials, so number "processed" per day is likely higher. Last weeks 282 per day average was "processed", included rejections. So it looks like the current rate of "processing" is about triple that of last wed-fri.

2nd edit: another arfcommer has received 307x today, also issued on the 8th.

Last edited:

safcrkr

Scuttlebut is for the first day or two they were using the same "handgun hotline" # for background checks as all the dealers use. That didn't work very long.

Huh? The dealers call DOJ... is there more than one DOJ, or were they calling themselves. That doesn't make sense. That's like saying NICS had to call NICS.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Mailed Application: 11-1-11
Check Cashed: 11-10-11
Permit Rec'd: *Pending*

Postal holiday today, hopefully this Saturday? *crosses fingers*

oak1971

Mailed: before noon on 11/1/11
Proof of training: Hunters Safety....with NRA Pistol and Utah class held in reserve just in case.
Money order cashed: lost receipt so can't track it.
Received: Not as of today's mail 11/9/11

Arrived on 11/12/11
#30xx

They got my middle name is wrong. Its Albert and they printed Allen on the card. All other info is correct.

madhatter12

Finally a Sign that it maybe on its way

Mailed:11/2/2011
Training: Iowa Hunters Education
Check Cashed:11/14/2011
Received: Cant wait to get to Home and check the mail :)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Nothing Yet For Me Either....

Same here. Check POSTED on the 10th which means they probably put it in their bank at least one business day before that date. Still nothing. I am really wondering if one of my LibJit neighbors got my mail....hmmmm...

cudahogs

Mailed: 11/1/11
Used: hunters education course
Paid: money order
Mailed from: Oshkosh
Stamps used: 2, just in case
Issued/mailed: 11/11/11
Received: 11/15/11
Number: 43XX

Deathss

For what it's worth. I called the DOJ today asking what kind of ship their running over there. My check cleared 8 days ago and I have not received anything in the mail. The Gal over there told me that they DO NOT start running a background check until after the check clears. I asked if this was a new policy since alot of applicants had already received a permission slip before their check cleared. She told me that I must have had bad info. Then she begins to tell me that I probably have a problem with the background check. I state that that can not be the case, as I just purchased a firearm last month and had the "All Clear" in a few minutes. I then asked what would happen if my background check came back "BAD" and my check was already cashed. Will the DOJ refund my money?????? I get a I don't know from her. I guess I will continue to check the mail. :banghead:

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Posted Certified Priority USPS 1 Nov, signed for 0800 3 Nov, personal check presented after 1400 today and will clear tomorrow 16 Nov.

littlewolf

For what it's worth. I called the DOJ today asking what kind of ship their running over there. My check cleared 8 days ago and I have not received anything in the mail. The Gal over there told me that they DO NOT start running a background check until after the check clears. I asked if this was a new policy since alot of applicants had already received a permission slip before their check cleared. She told me that I must have had bad info. Then she begins to tell me that I probably have a problem with the background check. I state that that can not be the case, as I just purchased a firearm last month and had the "All Clear" in a few minutes. I then asked what would happen if my background check came back "BAD" and my check was already cashed. Will the DOJ refund my money?????? I get a I don't know from her. I guess I will continue to check the mail. :banghead:

I feel your pain . I shouldn't need a frigg'n backround check as I sent along a copy of my shiney new FFL !