• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Window_Seat

H.R. 38 still needs MORE CO-SPONSORS (50 State Reciprocity)

Hey Guys, Gals... So I created a list of GOP Congressional Reps who have NOT yet co-sponsored H.R. 38, which is the Congressional Bill entitled "Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017". Please click on the ATTACHMENT and begin CONTACTING those GOP members on this list, and URGE them...
  2. Window_Seat

2nd Amendment discussion group meet today

Northern CA Open Carry Lunch. I didn't mention anything about this here earlier, and should have... Market Broiler 43406 Christy Street Fremont, CA 94538-3030 1:30pm I have the banquet area reserved, and all are welcome to show up. We're hoping to have more than 9 show up if possible. Erik.
  3. Window_Seat

Hmmmm, Interesting - Investment venture of Magpul Industries

BRS Announces Investment in Magpul Industries Corp. Triangle Capital Corporation Invests $14.8 Million in Magpul Industries Corp. Erik.
  4. Window_Seat

LOC in Washington County with CHL

All. I will be in WC in just a bit for only a few days, and renting a car, and wonder about your experiences in the area of Portland, from the airport (PDX) to Beaverton, and points in between. Any "looks", or MWAG calls? have guys/gals ever gotten tackled and screamed at with guns drawn...
  5. Window_Seat

Murder-Suicide at Peet's Coffee

Murder-Suicide Leaves Two Dead Near SJ Shopping Center But Peet's Coffee doesn't allow guns, so GOSH... :eek: Erik.
  6. Window_Seat

Calguns Case against AB-962: OOIDA v. Lindley

All: This was filed a few days ago, and I figured (and I guess I figured wrong) that this would be here. If it's a dupe... At any rate, here is the info: OOIDA v. Lindley Erik R.
  7. Window_Seat

Was in Oregon for a week and...

I did not see one person OCing in the Portland/Beaverton area this past week. I probably should have posted a message that I was here and there might have been a gathering, and will likely do that next time, but with this movement being as visible as it is right now (or is it?), I would think...
  8. Window_Seat

Strikethrough

imported post I noticed that "Strikethrough" isn't a feature on these forums. When quoting certain legislation that is of importance to the OC movement, sometimes we are quoting text that has a strikethrough. Some forums allow it, and it goes something like this: text. Any way for this...
  9. Window_Seat

A bit confused about RCW 9.41.280

imported post RCW 9.41.280 states this: Then it states this: Then it states this: And finally: So why does it say that my license will be revoked, and then tells me that I can if I have a license? Is there a conflict in the law, or does it mean that you can only carry a pistol, and not a...
  10. Window_Seat

Once in the State of Oregon from a non-free state (like Kalifornia)

imported post Can a person actually pull over on the side of the road (like at the nearest "wide spot" in the road), and load/holster up? This is what I prefer to do, but I want a safe place to do so without being run over or harassed by a "passing motorist" or LEO stopping to "check on my...
  11. Window_Seat

Visiting Oregon

imported post Just wondering if there are any meetings in this area set for the week of 26th through 29th? I am tentatively going back on Friday, but if I can find a place to stay (with relatives), I will stay longer. Erik.
  12. Window_Seat

Scott Brown will be sworn in tomorrow

imported post This just into Fox News: It's confirmed that Scott Brown will be sworn in tomorrow (Thursday 02/04/2010). No links yet. Erik.
  13. Window_Seat

CCW, partially exposed

imported post Hay all! I'm traveling up from CA in a few weeks, and will CCW for the first time. Seeing how I'm "inexperienced" in this area; unless I get a decent holster in the next few days, I'll be using an OWB concealment holster with a zip up sweater. Assuming that I get "noticed", and...
  14. Window_Seat

Live video on AWB Legislation hearing

imported post Here is the live video webcast of the Senate Judiciary Committee. It all starts at 10:00. There is no telling when AB6396 will be heard among the other bills being discussed, but it will be interesting to see the mood in progress when it starts. LIVE EVENT WEBCAST Senate...
  15. Window_Seat

(D) lawmakers who DO NOT support the knee jerk reaction AWB legislation

imported post Hay all. Let this be the "Lawmakers who DO NOT support the knee jerk reaction AWB legislation in Washington State. In the title, I put a (D) before the topic title, and decided to remove it, but can't. The reason, it doesn't really matter what party affiliation they are after...
  16. Window_Seat

KY Expo Center in Louisville

imported post Yes, I'm going, and the dates are 03/25/2010 - 03/27/2010! My question is this: Can I CCW there during the event? Does anyone have experience at this place whether LOC or CCW? I would like to refrain from emailing the management of the expo, or the show for fear of saying "You...
  17. Window_Seat

Oregon CHL arrived

imported post It arrived Wednesday (08/19) in the form of a plastic card. Application submitted 07/24, Interview on 07/28 (which included the fingerprinting process, fee submitted and picture taken, etc.). I was told it would be 45 days, but I had predicted that it would arrive within the month...
  18. Window_Seat

Moving from CA

imported post Vancouver (Clark County) where I just applied for my CPL.:cool: This was the very first time I applied, and then I went for my Oregon. My move in is within the next 1.5 months. While I'm still a bit uneasy about LOC/UOC because of overzealous "authorities" with agendas, etc...
  19. Window_Seat

Visiting from CA

imported post Hay all! I'm driving up in just over a month from CA, and will want to get my CHL in OR. What is the easiest county to apply and receive a CHL in Oregon? I will also apply for one in WA because I will be looking for a place to live in Vancouver. Thanks! Erik.
  20. Window_Seat

Vancouver apartments OC friendly?

imported post Hay all! I was originally looking to relocate to the Portland area, but have decided that Vancouver, WA might be a better deal for me. I'm looking at apartments & (preferably) condos online, but there appears to be many to choose from. Cost and location is of course often...