• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

TechnoWeenie

Rainier ARMS is in Auburn...

Rainier GUNS on the other hand is in Lakewood....

lets not confuse them, as I've had excellent service from Rainier ARMS in Auburn.

Stryker

Yesterday I ran a few errands that included the Barber (Meridian and 160th), Wallyworld and Fred Meyers. Usual uneventful stuff.

This morning I flew down to Vegas for work. I only OC'd to the valet parking and secured the Glock in my baggage. I did find out that the magnetometers do not like my Serpa holster. TSA was hilarious though. When I beeped and turned around, he said the usual "Please remove any metalic objects" and then looked at me closer and said "you might want to remove your" ...awkward pause... "holster". I just smiled and said "Yes, you're probably right".

Anyways, I thought I'd chime in from way south of the sound. They don't like our CPLs down here, so OC is the order for the day. And like many have said; "If you don't have pictures, it didn't happen". I decided to have lunch on the strip and then had to burn some of the calories with a walk in the sunshine before returning to my hotel (Trump Tower) in the background. So here you go! Back home tomorrow:banana:

Las Vegas Blvd A.jpg

Deleted_User

Yesterday I ran a few errands that included the Barber (Meridian and 160th), Wallyworld and Fred Meyers. Usual uneventful stuff.

This morning I flew down to Vegas for work. I only OC'd to the valet parking and secured the Glock in my baggage. I did find out that the magnetometers do not like my Serpa holster. TSA was hilarious though. When I beeped and turned around, he said the usual "Please remove any metalic objects" and then looked at me closer and said "you might want to remove your" ...awkward pause... "holster". I just smiled and said "Yes, you're probably right".

Anyways, I thought I'd chime in from way south of the sound. They don't like our CPLs down here, so OC is the order for the day. And like many have said; "If you don't have pictures, it didn't happen". I decided to have lunch on the strip and then had to burn some of the calories with a walk in the sunshine before returning to my hotel (Trump Tower) in the background. So here you go! Back home tomorrow:banana:

View attachment 4216

+1 Great pic dude!

fordguy

First time OC today

Tonight after dinner my wife noticed that she was missing a couple of ingredients for dinner tomorrow. She's making stuffed cabbage rolls that will be in the crock pot while we are at the pumpkin patch.

So I (just having received my fobus paddle holster yesterday) gladly volunteered to go for her. My youngest son and I went to the Safeway store in the Proctor district (North 26th & Proctor). I was really nervous but being a lurker here for a while now, I knew that it's only going to get easier the more I OC.

I got a lot of looks but nobody said a thing. And I mean a lot of looks too. But that's the way it's supposed to be. My son didn't even notice until after we got home and he says, "Daddy what's that?

Great first time OC and can't wait to do it again.

devildoc5

OC day with Goose all day:

Started off at his place and hung out, went to Bonney Lake to Jersey Mikes. INCREDIBLE place to eat some nice greasy messy fattenning and incredibly good tasting Phillies! Owner is OC comfortable, but would PREFER if a "bunch of people didnt all show up at once with guns and scared his customers away" (mans gotta make a living somehow, regardless of if they agree with it or not...) He sat down with us and ate lunch with us and we had a GREAT time.

We ended up going to Safeway and Albertsons off of Canyon and nothing again...

Something must really be wrong with my gun... it still hasnt jumped out of its holster and shot any little kids all on it's own..... Perhaps I should send it back to Sig???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ruby

Thank you. It feels good to be here.

Come join us and meet us tomorrow morning in Federal Way! Check out the 2nd Saturday thread for the exact address. Some of us are meeting at the Denny's across the way at 9am, then at 10am we will be at the Starbucks mentioned in the thread. Hope to see you there!

Ruby

Tonight after dinner my wife noticed that she was missing a couple of ingredients for dinner tomorrow. She's making stuffed cabbage rolls that will be in the crock pot while we are at the pumpkin patch.

So I (just having received my fobus paddle holster yesterday) gladly volunteered to go for her. My youngest son and I went to the Safeway store in the Proctor district (North 26th & Proctor). I was really nervous but being a lurker here for a while now, I knew that it's only going to get easier the more I OC.

I got a lot of looks but nobody said a thing. And I mean a lot of looks too. But that's the way it's supposed to be. My son didn't even notice until after we got home and he says, "Daddy what's that?

Great first time OC and can't wait to do it again.

Just want to clarify for your sake that the thread I am talking about is the very first one on the list, it's a "sticky". There is another 2nd Saturday meeting, but that one is in Spokane. You probably figured that out, but I didn't want to confuse things.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
10 8 2010

Champion Arms in Kent.

1082010.jpg

Ajetpilot

Ford

Forward Industries, Inc (stock symbol)

Forum for the Restoration of Democracy

Foundation for Rural Development

Floating Ocean Research and Development

Functional Objectives Requirements Document

and my personal favorite:

Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen (homebrew club; Michigan)

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
and back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Now that I am a RV owner I have been looking at memberships & locations. I finally decided on KM Resorts. 12:30pm we head in to meet our sales rep. I forgot I was wearing my OCDO badge from the mornings meet. The guy asks if OCDO is Open Carry to which I reply yes. He checks out the Sig on my hip and informs me he also carries and then proceeded to call his boss over and introduce me to him who is also a gun carrier. We BS'd about guns for a good 30 mins before he started his pitch. In the end I bought a membership, met some cool guys & gals and OC is welcome in the Corporate HQ.

hrlysef

Banned
10/08/10
-McDonald's, Maple Valley Highway
-100 rounds down range @ Champion Arms, Kent. (Patterns were not as good as I want but not as bad as I feared).

10/09/10
-Denny's Fed Way, pre-meet breakfast
-Starbucks Fed Way, Second Saturday meet (nice to see everyone)
-Wholesale Sports, Fed Way, no 5.11 belts I was looking for.
-CC in Costco but OC at the gas pumps :D
-Fred Meyer Covington

No issues anywhere. Good kind of a day.